Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dialogue Workout 30



1.
A: Do you like sports?
B: Yes, of course I do. I love sports.
A: What kind of sport do you play?
B: I play soccer and tennis.
A: What’s your favorite sport?
B: I like soccer the best.
2.
A: How often do you play soccer?
B: I play soccer once a week.
A: Where do you usually play it?
B: I usually play soccer in Golden Gate Park.
A: Do you play tennis very often?
B: I sometimes play tennis, about once a month.
3.
A: What sports do you like to watch on TV?
B: I like to watch different sports on TV.
A: Do you like to watch golf?
B: Yes, I do. Golf is exciting, and so is baseball.
A: I sometimes watch football on TV. Do you?
B: Sometimes, but I prefer to watch basketball.
4.
A: Julio is a professional soccer player.
B: What team does he play with?
A: He plays with the Mexican Team.
B: My son wants to be a professional soccer player, too.
A: Is he good? Do you think he can do it?
B: Yes, I do. He’s an excellent soccer player.
5.
A: My husband watches sports on TV.
B: When does he watch sports?
A: He watches sports on Saturday and Sunday.
B: What sports does he like to watch?
A: That’s the trouble. He likes all the sports.
B: When does he clean the apartment?
6.
A: I’m not an athlete, but I like to exercise.
B: What kind of exercise do you like to do?
A: I like to go jogging and I like to go swimming.
B: I like to go jogging, too.
A: Where do you usually go jogging?
B: I usually go jogging in Golden Gate Park.
7.
A: Does Maria want to go swimming today?
B: She doesn’t have time to go swimming today.
A: Maybe we can go swimming another time.
B: Maria has free time tomorrow. Is that good?
A: Would you ask her if she can go tomorrow?
B: She said tomorrow is fine.
8.
A: Paul doesn’t have time to go fishing today.
B: Would you ask him if he can go tomorrow?
A: He said tomorrow is fine. We all can go.
B: What time should I pick you and Paul up?
A: How about 9:00 AM? Or is that too early?
B: No. 9:00 AM is fine. I’ll see you and Paul then.
9.
A: Did you go bowling yesterday?
B: Yes, I did. I had a great time. I bowled well.
A: I bowl badly. Maybe you can teach me.
B: Sure, I’ll be glad to. Bowling isn’t very difficult.
A: I almost never get a strike or a spare.
B: There are some tricks I can show you.
10.
A: I didn’t go dancing last night.
B: I know you didn’t. I didn’t see you.
A: I didn’t want to go. I’m a terrible dancer.
B: You shouldn’t say that. You don’t dance badly.
A: I’m afraid I will step on Sylvia’s feet.
B: I’ll be glad to give you some pointers.

No comments:

Post a Comment